Friday, September 30, 2011

See you next year....September!

It's fall here, and things are in transition...changing. The leaves are turning bright red, orange, and yellow,  the mornings are cool, and the days are warm (that's quickly, very quickly about to change!). It's a magical time of year.

I'm changing too. The change is slow, but it's happening. Though not always apparent on the scale, I look a little different. My belly is smaller-go figure!

 I wanted 'dessert' last night.   I thought of all sort of things: ice cream, pie...you get the idea. I could have had anything I really wanted, but it just wasn't that appealing.  Instead I put a few blackberries in a bowl, some ready whip and crumbled a few of those tiny, crunchy Joseph's cookies...and it was satisfying.  Yep, I'm changing.

I'm also going to change up my routine: I'm going to follow Fast Track-starting Sunday.  This Sat. I'm going to get foods, etc. prepared, so I should be ready by then.  Since it's a very specific food regimen, I'm going to get a least the first 3 days work of meals ready:  Getting snacks ready is small bags--ready to go if needed. Grill or prepare the meat proteins.  I think I could roast some veggies too, especially the brussel sprouts...and get the salad dressing ready. Though it is pretty restrictive-it's good to be a be able to trade snack for snack, etc.

I see from some posts that a few of you are starting on Sunday too.  We didn't plan that, but it works out nice!  We're all good at sharing and supporting each other.

Good bye September--hello healthier October!

Best Wishes to you all-
Jeri

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jeri. I have done the very same thing with the berries, redi whip and some crumbled cookies. It's very good. I am doind a semi version of the fast track right now. We are going away next week, so I knew I couldn't keep it up on vacation too well. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I'm pretty much ready to go too! I don't know if I'm going to follow his menus exactly but I'm definitely going to have fats/proteins at every meal and only get my carbs with vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds great Jeri! I am going to start on Monday, I think. I already mostly follow a Fast Track plan, but I'm going to cut out the grains again here in a few days and try to cut out my favorite peanut butter. Guess I need to go get or make some almond butter as a substitute. Gotta have substitutes! Good luck to you Sunday and going forward! Glad to hear you are feeling good about your progress so far anyhow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the dessert. It is a season of change isn't. Great analogy. I may start a modified version of FT on Monday. Great job preparing...I usually don't do that very well then fall off the wagon. Have a great Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your desert sound very good. It's funny how we have all changed since starting the BFC. Good luck on the FT.
    Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeri, I will have to try the berry dessert sounds yummy. I just started the FT today too so keep me posted on how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete