Saturday, April 28, 2012

I Found Some of IT

 Yesterday, I did wonder where IT was and where I'd put IT.
I had this experience last night (too many details to bore you with), but I was able to see my full backside fairly well in my large bathroom mirror.
 Yep, I think I found a little motivation there. Looking at my lumpy fanny, and generous waistline; I felt like I was looking at a body that wasn't mine...but it was (is).
That experience helped me NOT eat the bowl of ice cream that I was fantasizing about.
This morning I woke up an improved girl. What a relief to have a found a little of my better half.
I'll share a few goals:

  1. Lose 40 lbs w/in the next (6) months. That's a little less than 8 lbs/mo or 2lb/wk. So do-able, right.
  2. Exercise...no more waiting until I feel like it. Walking, Turbo Jam, ...whatever. I will get moving.
  3. More green foods
  4. I will eat in modified Fast Track style. Wheat products are the absolute death of my will power. I've proved that to myself a few times ;/
Six months from now will be the end of October.
 I want to tell the six.months.from. now. Jeri how proud I am of her. She did it, and will keep doing it for the rest of her life. She never wants to feel the way she did on April 27, 2012 again. She will want to remember how she feels right now on October 28, 2012 (her 35th wedding anniversary): Healthy, fit, energetic and full of life....enjoying life.
I'm putting that date on my calendar...right now.
It will be a memorable conversation.
...best wishes all.





3 comments:

  1. Jeri that is a goal that you really can do. I have faith in you. Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeri,

    I think that paying attention to how foods affect you is HUGE. Limiting or completely eliminating foods that you KNOW are a trigger food for you can really help you to stay on track. There's no point in making life difficult for yourself by fighting nearly insurmountable cravings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeri - I enjoy reading your posts. I think 2 lbs a week is doable.

    Wishing you success on your reaching your goal!

    ReplyDelete