Thursday, January 12, 2012

A little more flax...

The fog is lifting just a little bit here. There are many unknowns right now, but I'm still here kicking!
Here's a new recipe/technique for you:
Crispy (really is crispy) Flax Cracker
2 T flax meal
2 T water
Salt & pepper (you could add other spices-they're your crackers)
Mix together and let set until thickened...abt. 1-2 min.
Spread evenly on parchment & cook on high for 2-2 1/2 minutes.
I topped mine w/ a little bit of pesto--really liked it!
Some serving ideas:
*Cinnamon/stevia on top before baking and top w/ cream cheese spread
* Mini tostada
* Whip cream & berries
Let me know if you come up with any good combinations
Best wishes to you all-

7 comments:

  1. looks like something good to try - thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeri, that sounds interesting and healthy. I'm assuming you mean ground flaxseed??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the fog clears completely soon. I haven't really tried any of the healthy treats since my first go around with coconut flour. I may have to branch out!
    Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that things are looking up a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jeri, thanks for sharing your recipe with us. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jeri, I hope your worries are lessening! I liked your other spicy cracker so much! I got them fairly crispy by just turning the oven off when they were done and letting them dehydrate awhile in the warm oven. These look plainer and would probably be good to use with toppings. Which ones do you like better?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've often thought about making flax crackers. The ones in the store are so expensive! You may have motivated me to take the plunge. I'll let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete