Thursday, November 17, 2011

Another Coconut Bread Recipe- My favorite so far

Orange Pound Cake
I adapted this from a recipe I found online.  These had the best texture so far-not dry at all-for coconut flour. And as you can see I added (2) Ghiradelli Choc chips before baking...everything is better with a little chocolate. Once cooled they go in the freezer, and get pulled out for 'treats' only. Sometimes I just need a little something w/ Redi whip on it!


Orange Pound Cake-
350 degrees- 30 min. baking time in muffin tins
Mix in bowl-until well blended:
5 eggs
1/2 stick melted butter
1 C almond milk (recipe calls for coconut milk)
2/3 C water (recipe calls for OJ-I just adapted)
Zest from orange
1/2 t orange extract
1 t vanilla extract
7 pkg. Stevia
1 T apple cider vinegar
In separate bowl:
1 C coconut flour
2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
Mix well - wet/dry ingredients together
Have a good day, from your BFC/FT'ing friend
Jeri
P.S. Zumba was fun!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I've noticed that with the coconut flour, more liquid is definately better! I really want to get some orange extract to put into this bread. ooh, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those really look good Girl!! I love your picture. Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look yummy! I wonder if I could do the recipe and instead of using orange zest, use extra vanilla? I think the chocolate chips were a great idea. All things in moderation:)
    Your picture is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you make the pound cake into cookies? They do look good! I found the sugar free chocolate chips the other day, finally! I think I will try these this weekend! You take a good picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great Jeri. I will definitely make them in the future. Right now, I'm laying off the coconute bread for awhile. I can't control myself! Hugs to you from me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is better with chocolate! I'm going to give these a try, but I dont have the orange on hand.

    ReplyDelete