Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Zumba and Other Important Things

I finally made it on our elliptical yesterday. I was on 1/2 hr. while I watched Rachel Ray-Jorge was on.
My decision:  I'm glad I have it, as there are times 1/2 hr is better than nothing...but... I'll be bored out of my mind by June (when the weather gets stable again, maybe!)  if I do that everyday.  So I'm going to a local Zumba class tonight-why not!  I can go and try it out, and see if this class/instructor fits.
 I tried to prepare for this winter: The, I need to workout/I get bored with my exercise videos/I miss my mountain river trail walks--type of mentality.
Exercise is my brain pill. I can say that because many of my family have depression, anxiety, etc., and I know how beneficial medication can be. For me: eating well, exercising, working, and a little sunshine/ fresh air help keep me physically and emotionally well.
Obviously, I am no athlete, but I don't have to be to enjoy movement. That's the key for me: I need to enjoy it so much, that I look forward to it each day.  If I don't--- exercise just becomes something on my mental list-that I just don't get to.
So I'm off to eat well, work, and get a little exercise today...as you know I'm allergic to cold, so we'll see about the fresh air thing.  I can only work on so many things at one time!!
Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. I am one of those types that don't like to exercise too much. I love to walk outside everyday though. I am sure glad I live where the weather is so nice that it permits me to do that most days.
    You Go Girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way Jeri regarding exercise. I have to keep changing things up or I get bored. I have a small basement gym, but right now I belong to a local gym too. It motivates me when I see others working out. But then I will get bored and probably start working out at home for awhile. When spring comes, I do enjoy walking outdoors. As long as we're doing something, that's all that counts! Hugs to you from me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get bored. As long as I'm doing it, I'm OK. I just get lazy. Glad you know what works for you! Thank you for all your kind words on my posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you love Zumba as much as I do! I have only been 2x in about a month. BAD girl! I wish I loved to walk. There is so many beautiful things to see. Maybe someday:)
    It is supposed to snow here this evening...boo!

    ReplyDelete