Saturday, October 15, 2011

Sat Fun and new recipe

This filling salad was filling and tasty enough to share. I would make it again. We've been chatting about quinoa lately, so I decided it was worth giving it a try. I have a Costco sized bag to deal with...
 Here's the recipe if you're interested:
Serves 2-(Per myfitness pal)366 Cal/27gr.carbs/11gr. protein/3 sugars/5fibers
BFC: S/3, C/1
In a bowl combine:
1 C cooked quinoa
1 sm. chopped tomato
1/2 C chopped cucumber
1/2 C chopped bellpepper
5 C chopped raw spinach
6 quartered kalmata olives
2 oz feta cheese
For dressing, blend in blender:
2 T olive oil
1 T vinegar (white wine or something you like)
1 heaping T dijon mustard
1/4 C fresh herbs (basil, thyme,oregano-or 1 tsp each of dried)
2 T half/half
Salt/pepper to taste
Dress salad and sprinkle w/ Greek oregano (if you have it)




'Greek Style' Quinoa Salad
(For dinner I added cooked turkey to mine...just to bump the protein/filling factor up-but quinoa is a complete protein)
Hubby & I went on a 10 mi. bike 'stroll' today. We had a great time!

We're active so we can be active another day!



4 comments:

  1. Wow- that sounds fabulous! Both the salad and the bike ride! Have a great rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeri, that salad looks really good. I love fancy salads like that. Think I might try it. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salad looks great. I'll have to try it. Bike ride with hubby looks very pleasant. We have young kids, so a bike ride with just hubby sounds relaxing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow girl that looks real good. I wish I had a bike.
    Thanks for the recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete